Welcome to Tinytramper! Check out my tramping adventures in New Zealand including Te Araroa Trail. If you’re looking for ideas, search my blog posts for short or multi-day walks.
Long Distance Trails Te Araroa Trail
Gear Lists and Planning
I’m Jules – a tiny tramper and weekend adventurer. I emigrated from the UK to New Zealand in 2006 and ten years later I became a Kiwi. What better way to celebrate than by hiking Te Araroa trail the length of New Zealand! I blogged my experiences for my friends and family, which has become a useful resource for other walkers.
I have since settled in Nelson at the top of the South Island, and with three national parks on my doorstep, I continue to enjoy the backcountry almost every weekend.
- Wilderness Magazine: Faces of Thru Hiking – April 2019
- Wilderness Magazine: The Trials of the Trail – October 2018
- Wilderlife Magazine: A Taste of Te Araroa – Part 1 Preparation – 2018
- Wilderlife Magazine: A Taste of Te Araroa – Part 2 What it means to be a Kiwi – 2018
- Stuff: Julie Stacey Walks Te Araroa Trail – November 2017