Welcome to Tinytramper! Check out my tramping adventures in New Zealand including Te Araroa Trail. If you’re looking for ideas, use ‘NZ Hiking’ in the main menu above for walks categorised by region, or search my blog posts.
Long Distance Trails Te Araroa Trail
Gear Lists and Planning
I’m Jules – a tiny tramper and weekend adventurer. I emigrated from the UK to New Zealand in 2006 and ten years later I became a Kiwi. What better way to celebrate than by hiking Te Araroa trail the length of New Zealand! I blogged my experiences for my friends and family, which has become a useful resource for other walkers.
I have since settled in Nelson at the top of the South Island, and with three national parks on my doorstep, I continue to enjoy the backcountry almost every weekend.
- Wilderness Magazine: Faces of Thru Hiking – April 2019
- Wilderness Magazine: The Trials of the Trail – October 2018
- Wilderlife Magazine: A Taste of Te Araroa – Part 1 Preparation – 2018
- Wilderlife Magazine: A Taste of Te Araroa – Part 2 What it means to be a Kiwi – 2018
- Stuff: Julie Stacey Walks Te Araroa Trail – November 2017