Welcome to Tinytramper. Check out my tramping adventures in New Zealand including Te Araroa Trail. If you’re looking for ideas, use ‘NZ Hiking’ in the main menu above for walks categorised by region, or use the search box in the menu bar to find anything in my blog posts.
Long Distance Trails Te Araroa Trail
Te Araroa Trail: A four and a half month thru-hike 3,000 km the length of New Zealand (2017/18 season). View my full itinerary or start on day 1 of the TA blog.
South West Coast Path: A glorious 43-day walk of 1,000 km around the UK coast from Minehead to Poole (July 2018). View my itinerary or start on day 1 of the SWCP blog.
Gear Lists and Planning
- Planning for Te Araroa Trail / Te Araroa Trail gear list – 2017/18
- South West Coast Path UK gear list – 2017/18
- Rakiura Stewart Island North West Circuit / Southern Circuit gear list – 2022
- Rakiura Stewart Island North West Circuit food supplies – 2022
I’m Jules – a tiny tramper and weekend adventurer. I’m not an athlete or an expert, just someone who loves getting outdoors. Originally a Brit, I decided to walk Te Araroa trail the length of New Zealand to celebrate becoming a Kiwi. I have since settled in Nelson at the top of the South Island, and continue to enjoy the backcountry most weekends.
- Wilderness Magazine: Faces of Thru Hiking – April 2019
- Wilderness Magazine: The Trials of the Trail – October 2018
- Wilderlife Magazine: A Taste of Te Araroa – Part 1 Preparation – 2018
- Wilderlife Magazine: A Taste of Te Araroa – Part 2 What it means to be a Kiwi – 2018
- Stuff: Julie Stacey Walks Te Araroa Trail – November 2017
Hi there Jules,
I did the walk from Queensbury to Mt Pisa return in February. Gloomy in the morning on the way up, but increasingly hot and sunny on the way back.
Lovely views, and beautiful color contrasts from tussock, tarns, fields of yellow flowers, and lakes Dunstan, Hawea, and Wanaka.
Never met another soul on my 10 hour hike.
Nice to know someone else appreciates what an awesome place it is.
Hi Russell, Glad you enjoyed the blog post. Yes, it’s pretty incredible up there isn’t it 🙂
Hello there :)) love your adventures so many))..do you take membership or take people on your adventures?
Hi Cory, Thanks! Glad you enjoy the blog. No, I just make the most of my weekends, holidays and between jobs 🙂